Preparing for Raid <—PDF click it! 😮 – lol in any case I have made a checklist so that I bleeding well remember that “Master Looter” exists for a reason
Preparing for Raid – My Checklist
- Prepare raid addons and software.
- Update addons with Curse installer.
- Load up-to-date WebDKP and startup WoL client.
- Also set up streaming software if it looks like bandwidth is healthy.
- Check personal raid consumables
- Check amount of consumables in guild bank that is there to be provided as emergencies to raiders
- Officers and officer assists enter Vent channel War-room channel to discuss number of signups, roles, destination and bench cycle.
- Designate raid leader & raid caller for the evening.
- Announce in guild chat that raid sign-ups will go out in 5mins
- Start collecting raid to confirm if numbers match signups.
- Discuss raid composition – Priority tanks and healers.
- Convert to RAID
- Set Master Looter
- Promote tanks and officers to RAID ASSIST
- If oversubscribed ask if there are any volunteers to bench.
- Inform the benched players that they will be sitting and if there is opportunity to swap in later.
- Award on time DKP (5)
- Award Full Raid DKP to benched (25)
- Tell G1 & G2 to zone in.
EDIT: lol my guild leader has said I must add another step – the step of canvasing any raiders online who are not actually signed up, to make sure we get a full and viable raid. Officers are the guilds hound dogs 😛