So rumours have it that the trash before Jin’rokh takes half an hour to take down…. in some ways this was the case because we were bumming around looking at scenery and then wiping our faces on one mob between us and the first boss.
Advantages to considering trash farming Throne of Thunder:
- Trash before first boss can drop 522 items (Unverified list of trash drops here: http://www.finalesfunkeln.com/trash.html)
- Trash awards a small amount of rep (drop a banner), and will stop just before friendly (just get peeps to do the solo scenario to push it over)
- Raiders are dead-set keen to look-see even if they aren’t up for the boss because your poor guild is incredibly behind /sigh
Trash before 1st Boss: Tank debuff, take two tanks and switch Tanks. Equals easy trash.
In the roaming packs (If I recall there were about 3 groups roughly and a couple of patrols) there are the odd casters (1-2). To help out make sure you put some interrupts on these ie your tanks and melee, and focus down the storm-inclined-one then the water-inclined-one.
Honestly people instincts instincts: the usual wow instincts work fine in this case, any mob with spirit/water in the name having a mana bar may of course heal so CC or splat it ASAP and anything storm named with a mana bar is going to cast lightning on your butt… and in a thunder themed instance that’s probably going to hurt so they are the obvious first kills in your kill order.
We pulled things down the stairs into the courtyard to play it safe.
The rub came with one Crazed Storm-Caller. He caused some wipes, about three I think.
How we dealt:
- Heroism/Bloodlust cast immediately
- Stack in and pound on mob (nicknamed mini-boss) – Push DPS
- Then when he powered up (enlarged red troll) spread raid so the thunderpools he drops on players do not over lap (we did not run these anywhere we had the healers heal through them)
- DPS blew healing cooldowns to assist.
- Tanks blew their tanky cooldowns
And he just sort of fell over like proper trash.
… a look in and three pokes at Jin’rokh the Breaker and it looks hopeful 😀 with a little LFR gearing up perhaps we can skip clearing the rest of HoF and ToES and come here for current content (well I can dream)
NB: anyone else noticed that their paladin tank is also dishing out healing and DPS almost as good as a MS DPS or healer? Lordie or is ours just special?
Also I have a new posting rule… if I had to google for information about something game-related then I will write a post about that something… 20 hits I feel almost popular pppffft.