I did it. I totally did it.
Last night in raid they totally could let me DPS on the trash – 2 healers being enough between bosses. And I came to realise I have the whole elemental shaman AOE business down pat at the moment.
- Cast an Earthquake and or drop your Magma Totem if the situation allows it.
- Flame shock something and immediately fire nova
- Cast Chain Lightning now that Fire Nova & Flame Shock are on cool down
- Get ready to tab over to another mob
- TAB cast Flame Shock and Fire Nova immediately
- Very important to prioritize Fire Nova as soon as it is off cool down
RINSE wash and repeat… fill with Lightning Bolts if it looks like you have down time or refresh that earthquake.
21-24K dps right up there with our mages/paladins so long as the trash group lasted long enough – meeeeheeeheeeheee (considering I was consistently doing under 10k on trash packs that required AOE prior to cluing into this this is epic.)
Then after raid I got lucky and was finally able to trade for my last deck of the volcano darkmoon card… and I ran off to Mulgore to trade it for the trinket as fast as my pixels could carry me – I suspect that I am back in the ball game as far as competitive dps… recount registered me doing 18K dps while questing O_O ooooo juicy.