A short and nasty poke at the expansion then I am back to my regular posting of drivel ^_^
Well frankly they could nerf the hunter class to hell and back and for the most part we will be too busy slobbering over the two new stable slots to give a damn.
Other notes of joy you will have already seen plastered all over the interwebs if you even happen to poke the blogger-sphere, but as a hunter who is avoiding most of the WotLicky crap I would have to say the things I found awesome enough to notice were the following:
- Pets get viable pet talent trees which will allow tanking and the like
- There will be NEW pets – bwhahahaha woot
- Mounts and small combat pets will be summonable (no wasted bank/bag space)
- And all those PVP, rep and holiday tokens taking up a bag slot and a half in my bank may also be moved to a different token storage system.
- Devilsaurs are apparently lined up to be one of the new ‘exotic’ pets hunters will be able to tame. They seem to keep some of their size making them larger than your average dino.
- And apparently hunters have a new Blizzard Blue everyone likes posting on forums: Ghostcrawler. Who apparently doesn’t beat around the bush much, and recently showed up with a crab icon ^_^ too cute.
- Non-combat pets will fetch – woot.
- Some non-combat pets, keys tabards and the like will be retrievable to players who have deleted them because they will be apart of the new achievement system.
- Built in threat meters perhaps? Praise the Blizzard!
- Mounts will allow for two passengers hee hee hahahahaha (sorry image of tauren sharing with gnome again … stupid head.)
- There will be penguins … which frankly is about time because I don’t know if you have noticed but all the buildings out in Winterspring have penguin wallpaper and this has always bugged me seeing as the fauna of wow did not seem to include the little sods.
- The expansion is bloody pretty – theres a vid on that link that has my hunter feet itching to be out of the outlands. I love hunter because its a bit of an exploration class isn’t it? Who among us hunters hasn’t trekked across a zone just to sit on some icy cliff or beside some barrens tree waiting for a rare pet spawn?
- And apparently the reason S4 gear is so darn ugly is that every one artistic at Blizzard is working on Wrath Gear at the moment … maybe we won’t end up looking like clowns after all O_O
- Oh wait … there was something about all pets tamed jumping to within 5 levels of their owner or something – dear god I could cry for joy
Whats not hot about the expansion?
Well the new hairstyles in beta are currently simply one racial hair style traded over to another race … undead get gnome for example … just think dead chicks with pink pigtails (Please dear god keep The Warlock away from the barbers – her last attempt at a guild tabard looked like Christmas, a stylish and well designed Christmas, but still Christmas. And I know for a fact she likes the colour purple.)
Don’t believe hairstyles could possibly be a ‘not hot’? Check out the night elf mohawk eh, some fan dug that file out of the beta data, I can honestly say I would rather see night elves with mullets lol.
If you want hair up close in personal you can check out:
Well thats enough wrath for me – its all beta and subject to change, and I am not even poking hunter talent trees, not even with a six foot pole, until release. But hey its Blizzard – its bound to be good.
… & aye I argue mounts and non combat pets are hunter relevant changes – heh we do have a talent called ‘animal handler’.