Okay this is a double rec – but I reckon this is one of the best Arena PVP guides I have ever gotten my hands on about starting arenas: WoWcast episode 34 (and 33 but I would start with ep 34.)
What was good? well:
- Points out that 3v3 is the way to go for starting groups
- Outlines what you can expect from beginning fights
- Explores group dynamics
- Mentions LOS (pillar humping in ep 33)
- Mentions recommended addons
- Speaks about the importance of /assist and group strategy
- Speaks of focus macros
- Speaks of switching targets
- Speaks of macros and key bindings
- Speaks of the importance of drinking and guerrilla warfare
- Gives you some strategies to start practicing as a group
- Looks at the different seasons
…& thats just part of the discussion.
Better yet the podcast has been done by someone who really enjoys BGs and PVP – it’s a nice and positive take on it and pretty encouraging despite the acknowledgement that season four will be a tough season. The website also has a nice number of arena videos to compliment. This be a damn nice starter guide and you can listen to it while killing mobs for primals :p.